One of the most popular forms of cloud computing is a software as a service (SaaS).
Software as a Service (or SaaS) is a way to send applications as a service over the Internet. Instead of installing and maintaining software, simply access and remove it via the Internet demanding management of software and hardware.
There are some basic features that apply to most SaaS providers:
- Updates are applied automatically without customer intervention
- Services are purchased on a subscription basis
- No hardware required for client installation
- SaaS is also known as hosted software or on-demand software.
Because of the web delivery model, SaaS no longer needs to install and run applications on separate computers. With SaaS, companies can easily optimize their maintenance and support because everything can be managed by providers: applications, runtime, data, middleware, operating systems, virtualization, servers, storage, and networks.
Key benefits of SaaS for your business
- No huge initial investment
- A cost-saving option
- Seamless availability
- No, IT troubles
- Expand and integrate as you want
- High-security levels
- Easy scalability