E-commerce Infrastructure setup for a Middle Eastern food company in Azure using DevOps pipeline.
The company (client) is considered one of the largest food manufacturing and distributing companies in the Middle East region. The group with its two divisions operates 1800 restaurants across the region as well as 25 food production sites across the UAE, KSA, Kuwait, and Egypt, offering the safest and best quality food.
The client was facing difficulties in managing its applications on different platforms. They had different cloud providers due to which app development and release cycle was getting extended. This scattered infrastructure was also leading to data mismatch. It also increased the risk of downtime due to multiple exposed endpoints.
Cloudaeon investigated the current threats and weaknesses of the company’s existing infrastructure and proposed a solution to completely revamp the underlying platform and infrastructure to provide the company with a unified, scalable E-commerce infrastructure.
Technical aspects of the solution
· Designed and deployed Ecommerce infra in Azure.
· Prepared CI/CD pipeline to deploy resources and applications.
· Implemented a high level of automation using Terraform, Ansible, and Python.
· Have prepared highly scalable infra using VMscaleset for Magento 2.0 ecom platform.
· Deployed 6 node AKS cluster for Web apps and 3 nodes for Aerospike DB.
· Implemented Azure firewall, and Azure CDN for security and caching static contents
· Azure AD
· Azure CDN
· Azure firewall
· Azure app gateway
· Vmscale set with Standard LB
The solution that was provided made the company’s infrastructure more adaptive, scalable, and resilient. CI/CD automation led to rapid app development. Scalability became easier and less maintenance was required. The availability and security of the system were drastically improved with 99.5% availability, and it was stress-tested to withstand 10 million active users. The whole solution was completed in just 3 months, neither exceeding the deadline nor the budget and thus providing the company with additional cost benefits.