Infrastructure setup in Azure using DevOps pipeline for a USA-based medical supplies manufacturer and distributor.
The company(client) is a large medical services provider in the USA. It has over 300K medical products with 20+ manufacturing sites and 50+ distribution centres across North America. It provides customized medical supplies, equipment, and services to 60 of the top 150 healthcare systems in the USA.
The client was using legacy infrastructure for its application development and software services. So, they wanted to modernize their system to enable continual software delivery and to provide better value for their customers, together with making it more secure and efficient.
After doing the analysis of the existing infrastructure, Cloudaeon suggested modernizing the infrastructure through Azure and integrating the DevOps pipeline. The changes were introduced incrementally and after creating the end-to-end infrastructure the existing applications were transferred to the new environment.
Technical aspects of the solution
· Prepared Terraform code in hub/spoke model.
· Implemented Terraform cloud to deploy resources in Azure.
· Deployed 6 Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) clusters for different applications.
· Implemented monitoring and security in AKS using Prisma cloud and Prometheus/Grafana.
· Deployed supporting resources in AKS using helm charts.
· Implemented custom sentinel policy in Terraform cloud to ensure infrastructure compliance with the security standards.
· Implemented various PaaS services in Azure using Terraform.
· Terraform cloud
· Azure Kubernetes Service
· Prisma Cloud (Twistlock)
· Sentinel policy
· Azure PAAS solutions
· Bit bucket code repo
With Cloudaeon’s solution, the client witnessed a huge improvement in the overall efficiency, security, and reliability of their infrastructure. The supply chain and e-commerce segments of their business benefitted immensely from the new quick and responsive application environment. Before the solution, the client has no exposure to the Azure and DevOps methodology. So, with the solution, they not only modernized their infrastructure but also were able to learn and incorporate DevOps in their application development.